Entries for the Summershow 2012 are now closed. Entries for 2013 will be opened in March 2013.
How to enter:
Foto8 accepts submissions for the Summershow via its online entry form only.
1. Click on the Entry Form tab at the top of the page.
2. Fill in your details in the appropriate fields.
3. Upload your images as prompted: images must be uploaded as jpgs and files must not exceed 1280 x 1024 px at 72dpi.
4. You can also enter a title and brief description for each image, of not more than 200 characters, including spaces.
5. Once you have uploaded your images you will be asked to confirm that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions before being directed to submit payment details on Google Checkout. If you chose to complete payment via another method, please contact us to discuss (details below).
Who can enter?
Entry is open to all photographers from anywhere in the world – student, non-professional or professional.
What are we looking for?
There is no set theme and photographers are invited to submit personal, political or commissioned work undertaken recently, of any subject, style or genre, which engages or challenges the viewer, either to convey stories, raise questions or provoke feeling. Above all we encourage free expression and are keen to see new and creative approaches to the medium.
How many images can I submit?
You may make only one entry to the competition with UP TO THREE images to be considered as a sequence or individually. An administration charge of £20 is payable on submission. The fee may increase after the deadline of 15 May 2012, if the entry deadline is extended.
Foto8 will shortlist approximately 150 images from all entries for inclusion in the Summershow.
Photographers who have been shortlisted and whose work will be considered by the panel of judges will be notified by email the week of 28 May 2012.
Shortlisted photographers will be required to provide high quality archival prints, framed or mounted to a saleable standard to be delivered in person or by courier to: Foto8 Gallery, 1 Honduras St, EC1Y 0TH
between 18 – 29 June 2012 (10-00 – 18.00 hrs only).
A limited number of Foto8 frames will be available for hire. Details of charges and procedure will be sent to selected photographers once an image has been shortlisted.
The winner of the ‘Best In Show’ prize of £2000 chosen by the panel of judges will be announced at our festival launch party on Friday 6 July 2012.
The second award, ‘People’s Choice’, voted for by the public, will be announced towards the close of the show.
All works included in the show will be for sale. The proceeds from print sales will be shared equally between the photographer and Foto8. The money collected by Foto8 will be put towards the exhibition, prize money and the work of Foto8 to support independent photojournalism.
Photographers will retain all copyright to their work.
Any problems or queries? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Foto8 Summershow, 1 Honduras Street, London, EC1Y 0TH
+44 (0) 20 7253 8801