- Panel Discussion: Photographing Faith
16 March 6:30 pm
Photographing Faith – Representing Faith in Photography, a panel discussion
Artists and academics will explore the moral and practical process of engaging with religious communities through the camera and the wider issues surrounding the visual representation of faith.
Chair: Ziauddin Sardar, writer, broadcaster and cultural critic.
· Photographer Liz Hingley is author of the acclaimed work ‘Under Gods: stories from Soho Road’, an intimate portrait of different faith urban communities living along one road in Birmingham. www.lizhingley.com
· Photographer John Angerson documented the Jesus Army for 20 years to create an insightful body of work that peers into a microcosm of fanatical religion. This work has been exhibited at major art institutions and is published in the book Love, Power and Sacrifice (2007). www.johnangerson.com
· Professor Ben Quash, Kings College London. Professor of Christianity and the Arts. Previously Chaplain, Fellow and lecturer of Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge and Academic Convener of the Cambridge Inter-Faith Programme. His research focuses on religion and aesthetics.
· Dr Claire Dwyer, Senior Lecturer in Geography at University College London and deputy director of the Migration Research Unit. Dwyer will present her research 'Faith in Suburbia: reflections on the suburban sacred in London and Vancouver'.
Entry: £8 Foto8 Members and students, £10 all others.
Please arrive by 6.30pm to allow for a prompt 7pm start.
to confirm your attendance at this event.
1-5 Honduras Street
Unless stated otherwise, all Foto8 events are held at
1 Honduras Street, London, EC1Y 0TH.
EventList powered by schlu.net